The Best Acne Treatments Out There
Posted On: - 2012-01-17 14:46:38
These days, it seems like people of all ages are battling acne. From teenagers to adults, everyone wants to know, ďWhat is the best acne treatment out there?Ē
From clinical to over the counter (OTC) products, thereís so many to choose from. But as some have already discovered, OTC products may just not be strong enough to see the acne battle come to an end.
Skin Care Heaven, an e-commerce store located in Carlsbad, offers clinical products and ships for free. In fact, they offer many of the clinical treatments mentioned here.
Remember, acne is treatable. Below is a list of the best acne treatments out there and are priced from high to low to help meet any budget.
LightStim Acne Light Therapy
Itís probably surprising to read that LED light therapy is on top of the list. For around $300, it's a treatment thatís used in medical offices and is now available for at-home use. Itís another tool used along with a topical treatment plan.
LightStim Acne Light Therapy is FDA cleared and thatís super important.
Its combination of blue, red, and infrared wavelengths combats acne and keeps it under control.
Even those with sensitive skin saw the following clinical improvements within eight weeks:
- Calm redness and inflammation brought on by acne
- Clinically demonstrated to destroy acne bacteria named, propionibacterium acnes (P. acnes)
- Decreases pore size
- Helps heal acne scars
- Recommended by health care professionals
- Treats blackheads
ZO Skin Health Acne Prevention and Care Program
ZO Skin Health Acne Prevention and Care Program is great for those who get breakouts that are related to hormones and genetics. The system, costing about $120, has been described as one of the top acne treatments.
Its four quick steps include:
- The ZO OFFECTS: An exfoliating cleanser packed with vitamin E encapsulated beads and advanced lipopeptides that gently remove impurities, extra oil, and repairs skin surface.
- The ZO Exfoliating Polish: Round magnesium crystals with a boost of vitamins A, C, C-Esters and E removes dead skin cells and sebum to keep pores clean.
- The ZO OFFECTS TE-PADS: These pads, soaked in 2 percent salicylic acid and botanical extracts, calm the skin while controlling oil and getting rid of dead skin cells.
- The ZO Tea Tree Mask: Once a week, this mask is applied to address sebum and soothe acne-prone skin.
Skin Care Heaven Basic Acne Clarifying System
For about $55, the Skin Care Heaven Basic Acne Clarifying System, reduces, restores, and prevents blemished skin.
This great treatment includes:
- Resurfacing Cleanser: Gently, it cleans the skin while unclogging pores.
- Resurfacing Toning Pads: These pads offer a gentle way to exfoliate the skin.
- Clarifying Acne Gel: This anti-bacterial spot treatment helps fight acne breakouts.
- Chemical-Free SPF 30: This product moisturizes while protecting the skin from harmful UV rays.
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit
The Dermalogica Clean Start Kit roughly costs about $35 and contains a five step program to target acne and prevent future breakouts. This system helps cleanse, tone, treat and moisturize.
Dermalogica Clean Start Kit includes the following kit items:
- Washoff: a deep cleanser that gets down into the pores.
- All Over Clear: a great mist that keeps skin from getting oily throughout the day and offers UV protection.
- Ready, Set, Scrub: a great scrub and masque which will help clear acne and renew pores.
- Welcome Matte SPF15: another step to protect skin from UV damage while controlling acne and providing a shine-free complexion.
- Bedtime for Breakouts: a great nighttime acne treatment that works hard to unclog pores during the night.
Living without acne can become a reality when the right treatment is found!