5 Best Picks For Sunscreen
Posted On: - 2014-06-04 09:39:45
San Diego is ready to give summertime an official welcome. As the convertible cars motor through town, everyone is headed for some fun in the sun.
While a memorable summer is on the agenda, one thing most can agree on is that they don’t want their skin to prematurely age because of sun overexposure.
After all, who wants to come face-to-face with wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and saggy skin along the jaw line?
Skin Care Heaven, an e-commerce skin care store and skin research center based in San Diego, has served up its 5 best picks for sunscreen.
EltaMD Skincare UV CLEAR SPF 46
This broad spectrum sunscreen is the winner of the “ELLE 2010 Genius Award in Skincare.” Oil-free and featherweight, no residue is left behind and is a perfect choice for underneath makeup. For those prone to rosacea and acne, this product soothes and protects.
Highlights of this sunscreen are:
• Fragrance-free and paraben-free
• Nine percent micronized zinc oxide
• Niacinamide (vitamin B3)
La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60 Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid
This lightweight broad spectrum is great for water sport enthusiasts. Its solar protection is based on its CELL-OX Shield technology, coupled with a cutting-edge UV filtering system. Also noncomedogenic and fragrance-free, one great ingredient is Senna Alata. Packed with antioxidants, this leaf extract stops further sun damage in its tracks.
Revaleskin Natural Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 25
This broad spectrum sunscreen seems to do it all: protects, restores, hydrates and nourishes. Its matte tint conceals, too. Non-chemical and paraben-free, here is a list of its top ingredients and what they do:
• CoffeeBerry Extract: Excellent and powerful antioxidant
• Micronized Titanium Dioxide : The main ingredient for broad spectrum solar protection
• Cetyl Ricinoleate: A derivative of castor beans it protects, hydrates, nourishes and conditions the skin
Nia 24 Sun Damage Prevention SPF 30
This mineral sunscreen is oil-free which makes it perfect for those with acne prone skin. It absorbs nicely into the skin and is recommended for daily use. The top ingredients are:
• Pro-Niacin keeps skin structure strong, restores even skin tone, and improves skin texture
• Micronized titanium dioxide and micronized zinc oxide
• Vitamin E protects, repairs and nourishes the skin
• Alpha Bisabolol adds moisture to the skin and soothes sensitive skin
Vivite Aftercare Environmental Protection Sunscreen SPF 30
This Vivite line provides a defense in antioxidants, broad spectrum sun protection, increased allontoin.
Also great for daily use, it prevents premature skin damage, including sun spots. It’s gentle for all skin types.
All sunscreens are not the same. Be sure to carefully follow instructions while double checking sunscreen has not expired.
The Best Sunscreens