One of the most popular anti-aging skin care products are Eye Creams. The skin around the eyes is delicate and fragile, therefore it’s the first place to exhibit the early signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles.
No wonder then that women a spend a good deal of effort and money to get a good eye cream that works for themselves. And with an extensive range of eye creams available in the market, making a choice can become a daunting task.
Eye creams have come to include high-tech and rare ingredients like Retinol, Vitamin C, alpha hydroxy acids etc. These ensure sufficient nutrients and prevent concerns like wrinkles and fine lines, dark circles or eye puffiness. But what works best for you is something you should know best. Therefore, spend time reading through the ingredients list on products before you decide what to buy.
Eye creams have two prime aims:
• Tighten the sagging skin under the eyes and thereby preventing wrinkles and fine lines
• Provide moisture and prevent the skin from sagging
Here are some powerful ingredients that you should look out for in eye creams to reduce eye puffiness, lighten the under eye dark circles and make your skin more radiant.
• Caffeine and Alcohol – To temporarily dehydrate the skin and make it tighter.
• Retinol, AHAs, Copper and Vitamin C – To stimulate the production of collagen and elastin fibers within the skin surface thereby making the skin smoother and firmer.
Darkness Inhibiting Ingredients:
• Vitamin K – To inhibit bruising and reduce the darkness under the eyes
• Kojic acid and Hydroquinone – To lighten the skin and make it more radiant
Some product suggestions:
• Lumiere Bio-restorative Eye Cream – Contains a unique blend of growth factors, antioxidants and caffeine that reducesfine lines, dark circles and puffiness of eyes in as little as 6 weeks.
• Obagi ELASTIderm Day Eye Gel: Contains a bi-mineral complex that cross links elastin fibers and boosts collagen production within the skin fibers.
• iS Clinical C Eye Advance: Contains potent antioxidants that diminish fine lines and wrinkles and eye puffiness