Here are some quick fix-it solutions for common skin problems.
Blackheads are formed when sebum combines with dirt and dead skin cells and clog the skin pores. Squeezing them is not the most healthy solution to get rid of them. Rather, practice some good skin care habits.
- Drink lots of water…About 8 to 10 glasses per day
- Exfoliate your skin at least twice a week with a good scrub or exfoliating lotion.
- Cleanse your skin with a salicylic acid or glycolic acid based cleanser.
- Follow it up with an astringent before proceeding to moisturize your skin.
Problem: Flaky Face and Lips
Flaky skin is a result of dehydration and dead skin cells that peel away. It shows that your skin lacks moisture and often leads to excessive dryness. Here are some things you should do.
- Increase your water intake. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- Wash your face twice a day- once in the morning and once at night.
- Exfoliate with a mild scrub or exfoliating lotion
- Use a rich creamy moisturizer to hydrate your skin.
- Always use a rich lip balm
Problem: Blemishes on the Back and Chest
Certain bodywashes and soaps can irritate the skin and give rise to acne. This is characterized by inflammations and blemishes on the back and chest.
- Use soaps and bodywashes that are fragrance-free and without any chemicals.
- Ideally, look for products that are anti-acneic.
- Use a mesh scrubber to scrub your back.
- You can also use spot treatments containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide for stubborn blemishes.
- Don\’t forget to moisturize well.
Problem: Rough, Dull, Dry Skin
Blame it on environmental pollutants or failure to take good care of your skin, skin often tends to lose its glow and become dull and lifeless, not to mention the rough dry patches.
- Use a good exfoliator and scrape off all the dead skin cells.
- Rub really well on rough areas like knees and elbows.
- Moisturize with a rich moisturizer
That should take care of all your nitty gritty skin care dilemmas. Good skin care shows on your face, so don\’t forget to devote some extra time and attention.