There are millions of skin care products adorning the aisles of the skin care market. So many… that the options overwhelm you and more often than not… you don’t make the right choice.
After all.. the local drugstore or even your beauty salon will only showcase products they like. That is why you should shop from a place that offers you ALL the options – the Internet.
Yeah… Online shopping is the best way to shop for your skin care products. There are several skin stores on the web that showcase a variety of skin care products from popular brands and offer you special discounts too!
However, security is a key concern while shopping on the internet. Here are some ways to know if a shopping website is secure and even for that matter, legit!
Here are some quick ways to check for security
1. Do they use authorize.net or an equally safe and secure payment processing gateway?
- If they do, the logo on the website should be clickable and take you to a page that validates the merchant.
2. Do they have a SSL Security Certificate?
- A SSL security certificate means that a company has passed an intense verification process to prove they are a proven legal company that has been verified by accountants, attorneys and state paperwork. Many internet companies today would fail to be able to meet this level of verification. There is also an extended certificate available for an even higher level of verification.
- If they have a SSL Cerificate the logo on the home page or other should link to the certificate and give further details of the verification.
3. Are they a Member of the BBB?
- This is an easy way to check a companies credibility. If they display the logo anywhere on the site, it should also link to a page that verifies the BBB standing.
4. McAffe Secure is another industry standard for site security. That data is protected and private.
- Again, this seal is usually on the home page and links to a McAffe secure certification page.
5. Some other ways you can shop securely.
- Call the number or check in advance how hard is to communicate with them.
- Look for other logos like: Site ratings, trusted store status, and other signs of satisfied customer ratings and security enhancements.
There you have it. Shop smart and save money shopping on the internet!